Every great organization has a set of core values which our members are committed to living by. Calvert High School is no different. The purpose of this document is to provide an easy way for our Cavalier community to find what guides our staff in providing a great education to our students.
Principal’s Vision for Calvert High School
Calvert High School will exemplify the characteristics and attributes of the finest Maryland Public Schools and become a premier school in which to work and learn.
Calvert High School, where “Involvement Equals Success,” works in cooperation with our parents, and our community to ensure that all students will be presented with opportunities for academic excellence and lifelong learning. By promoting respect for individuality and encouraging the importance of responsibility and citizenship, we strive to enable our students to become productive contributors in an evolving society.
How we do it:
- We believe every student can be successful and is worthy of our uncompromised attention and investment in their success.
- We produce graduates who are truly ready physically, mentally, morally, and culturally to thrive in a post-secondary environment.
- We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive, welcoming education.
- We put our students and each other first.
- We are professionally thoughtful in everything that we do.
- We have a “Can do” approach.
- We are committed to process improvement.
- We know what we do is difficult, and we accept the challenge of providing a world class education to the students of Calvert High School.
2019-20 School Improvement Goals
- Decrease the number of disruptive behaviors as measured by discipline referrals.
- Increase the number of academically eligible students. students from underrepresented groups participating in and passing Advanced Placement courses with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Increase the number of academically eligible students each quarter.